Peterjin.org:Foundation/Articles of Incorporation
Note: This is a template form intended to attract public comments prior to officially filing with the Illinois Secretary of State. It has not been officially filed with the State of Illinois.
The format of this page follows Illinois Secretary of State Form NFP-102.10.
Corporate Name: PJO Foundation, Inc.
Registered Agent: Peter H. Jin
Registered Office: 4815 Snapjack Circle, Naperville, IL 60564 (Will County)
The first Board of Directors shall be three in number, their Names and Addresses being as follows:
- Peter H. Jin, 4815 Snapjack Circle, Naperville, IL, 60564
- Connor J. Tenny, address not disclosed
- [To be determined]
Purpose(s) for which the Corporation is organized:
- Scientific, educational, and charitable purposes, specifically to improve the communication abilities of Internet users by lowering cost, technological, and other barriers necessary for complete end-to-end communication.
This Corporation is not a Condominium Association, Cooperative Housing Corporation, or Homeowner's Association.
The Corporation shall not be permitted to engage, otherwise than as an insubstantial part of the activities stated in Article 4, in activities that in themselves are not in furtherance of one or more exempt purposes.
Upon dissolution of the Corporation, its remaining assets shall be used exclusively for Section 501(c)(3) exempt purposes.
The Corporation shall be prohibited from supporting or opposing candidates in political campaigns in any way.
The Corporation shall ensure that its net earnings do not inure in whole or in part to the benefit of private shareholders or individuals.
The Corporation shall not further non-exempt purposes more than insubstantially.
The Corporation shall not be organized or operated for the primary purpose of conducting a trade or business that is not related to its exempt purposes.
The Corporation shall not devote more than an insubstantial part of its activities attempting to influence legislation, or in the case of a 501(h) election, not normally make expenditures in excess of expenditure limitations outlined in section 501(h).
The Corporation shall not provide commercial-type insurance as a substantial part of its activities.
The undersigned incorporators hereby declare, under penalties of perjury, that the statements made in the foregoing Articles of Incorporation are true.
1. Peter Jin, 4815 Snapjack Circle, Naperville, IL
- There can be more directors if so desired.
- As defined in Illinois Form NFP 102.10.
- Including, but not limited to the initial board members or peterjin.org, LLC